Friday, September 5, 2014

Chipmunks and Preston Blair

In the process of creating new work for my portfolio I'm going back to basics in character design and animation. I'm studying Preston Blair's book again because I just really like his style and simple yet effective lesson in the book. I've been doing a lot of sketching when I have free time as well. I'll post those later, first I'll post my chipmunk design. 

This is based on Preston Blair's design for the cute and small animal designs. 

I'm really drawn to characters with round bodies, they are just more fun to draw. I'm still unsure on where to go with his tail though, I wanted to practice animating secondary action, so giving him a long tail like a squirrel would work. 



I went ahead a gave him some ink and paint, I really like how cute he turned out!


No comments:

Post a Comment