Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Learning new languages

Ok, so after some debate I've decided that I'm going to learn some new languages to help further my career in flash animation. I already now a little about action script, but I'm interested in learning a bit more. I bought a few books on as3 when I was still in school, and hopefully I'll get some use out of them in the next couple of weeks.

I'm using the "Foundation Actionscript Animation: Making Things Move!" book written by Keith Peters first. I've read a few reviews on the book and it seems perfect for a beginner to learn the basics of action-script.

I also want to learn HTML. During my search for an entry level job, I notice that html is often a requirement for a lot of internet based animation and design jobs. It looks relatively simple compared to other coding languages, so I'm looking into any books or resources on the material.

Anyone have any good resources?

No comments:

Post a Comment