Monday, January 7, 2013

Character Color wip part1

I took some time to do the color for the female character sketch I posted a little while ago. I like to start with the head first and the body second. At first I tried making this head:


After a while of messing around with it, I got this:



I didn't like it as much as I thought I would, so I decided to try something different. On the sketch there was a different face I drew:



I didn't like it as much, but I gave it a try, and after a while of trying out a few different things I got this:



I think it looks much better to me. It still needs work until it looks like I want it to, but its a nice start.
I'm trying to keep things sort of simple so if I animate her it won't be too difficult to color her. I'll probably keep the eyes are symbols though. I'll have to do something different with her hair. It works in the sketch, but its already proving to be difficult to recreate.


No comments:

Post a Comment