Monday, May 20, 2013

Progress on Daniel Tiger Character

So last month was very busy, I've been working a lot lately and when I haven't been working I've been resting or spending time with my family and friends. As a result I didn't get too much done on my two projects. I was off today so I decided to get back to work on them. I worked on the Daniel Tiger character today since I was still in the beginning stages of it, so it was easier to continue working on.

I got a lot of work done on his face. For the longest time I had trouble with getting the details of the face, especially the head the way I wanted it to look. In the show many of the characters have curved lines around their heads and I wanted to replicate that, but I didn't know how. I played around a bit in illustrator and I finally found a way that isn't so hard to do. I created a shape with the pen tool and added a ton of anchor points around it. When I got the number of points I wanted I did effect
Right now I'm still messing around the with face patterns and the fur texture I picked out. I'm not quite satisfied with it yet, but its off to a good start:

No comments:

Post a Comment