Wednesday, August 21, 2013

51 Great Animation Exercises

The last year I've been really anxious to improve my animation, its something I'm always thinking about. I practically jump at any chance I can to get better. I've been discussing how to do that on the ASIFA group on Linked In. Someone suggested this website to me, and so far its going pretty well.

Animator Island- 51 Great Animation Exercises to Master.

This is a great way for me to revisit the principles of animation and a chance for me to understand them a lot better. This is also great because its an opportunity to just practice and not get too caught up in a project that gets too troublesome later one.

I've done the first to exercises on the list already this week:


    1. Ball Bouncing in place, no decay (loop)
    2. Ball Bouncing across the screen



    I did both of the exercises about 3 or 4 times in a row, every time I thought I was done I would look at it again and start over. Paid more attention to timing and archs. I did some squash and stretch because I think it makes everything look a little more interesting. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment